Joseph was listed as 'unnamed' in the births registry. We have decided that this child is our Joseph King due to the following facts:
1) As stated on the marriage certificate, Joseph King married Margaret Medwin at Mount Hicks, 'home of the bridegroom parents' in 1892 and James King and Mary King are the witnesses.
2) The date of birth of this child (recorded 'by letter from James King at Table Cape', labourer), and the calculated date of birth for Joseph (from the wedding certificate) match.
3) Through oral history (from Una Alice Abbott, his daughter-in-law), we know that his son, Alonzo Royden (Una's husband), had an Uncle 'Billy' who was a contractor working on the roads near Korumburra, which is true of this family.
4) On his marriage certificate to Martha, his parents are listed as James John King (farmer) and Mary Graham of Wynyard.
Issues with Joseph:
1) On his marriage certificate to Martha, his age is listed as 42, although from our records he is 51 and from the second birth certificate that we have received, he is 54. We presume this is because he was still married to Margaret when he married Marth (despite listing his status on the marriage certificate as 'widow').
We are still trying to actively research Joseph's interesting life
Ida Ward Bushee|
Ida Evelyn Ward was born in December, 1869, Rhode Island USA, to John and Mary. In 1897 she married William L Bushee and had two children.
We have had a lot of trouble tracing Ida's ancestors - we recently found Ida and her parents on the 1870, 1880 and 1910 census', which has given us their names, and John's mothers name (Sarah). Still looking for more information - do you know anything about Ida Ward Bushee?